One of the most challenging things for me, as a writer, is finding the time to write. I thought finding time was challenging before I had kids. All I had back then was a full-time job and a husband. Now, with 3 kids, a husband and a full-time job, the challenge is even bigger! This used to be a huge complaint of mine.
"I just don't have the time!"
And I didn't--because I wasn't making the time. When you want to do something badly enough, you MAKE time. And since everyone has just 24 hours in their day, that usually involves taking time away from things that are less important, like TV or that extra hour of sleep.
This blog is a pep talk to myself this morning. I didn't want to get out of my cozy bed to write, when everyone else in my household is sleeping. BUT now that I'm up, sipping on my first cup of coffee and sitting in front of the glow of my computer, I'm glad I did. My wip is calling me.
How do you make time for writing?
Thanksgiving was last week, so I'm just a tad bit late on this blog post. Whoops (too busy eating turkey and enjoying my family). I am thankful for so many things this year, though--more things than I could ever put in a list. Here is my top five 2014 gratitude list.
1) A healthy, GROWING family. We welcomed the addition of our first daughter, Lydia Hope, this year!!!
2) New Friends!!! I got to meet many of my lovely writerly friends at RWA 2014 in Texas over the summer. This was a great experience, and I learned so much :)
3) After YEARS of searching, the search is finally over! I signed with my fabulous literary agent Sarah Younger at NYLA this fall. It is so nice to have someone in my corner, who believes in my writing and who will help me get it out in the world.
4) My AWESOME critique partner, Rachel Lacey, who had her debut novel UNLEASHED published with GCP this year. I am ever thankful for her input on my stories and writerly help.
5) And always on the list, no matter how big or small, I must thank GOD for everything. Nothing is possible without HIM in my corner.